Sign In
  • Question

    Is there a general rule that can be applied? My understanding is the Government Drawing Part Number and Cage Code or Mil Spec Part Number and Code Code should always be referenced in the Parts Manual (SL-4). When that rule does not apply then it should be the prime contractor's Part Number who owns the intelluctual property i.e. GDLS Part Number and Cage Code. Next in order would be the Vendor Part Number and Cage of the Manufacturer who owns the intelluctual property and manufactures the part.


    DLA Logistics Information Service is the only source for the assignment/maintenance of CAGE Codes.  Their web site is .  The web site has much more information. The history which you are asking about might be documented by DLA Logistics Information Service. Otherwise, the details might be in the Program Office records.

    Open full Question Details