Sign In
  • Question

    Can a Contracting Officer provide a contract a copy of the DoD Yellow Book? If so, how do you obtain a copy?


    Yes, the contracting officer can provide a copy of the YellowBook to a contractor. It can be obtained by either hard copy or electronic copy by sending an e-mail request to with the number of copies requested and the mailing address in which they want them sent. They can also find the i-phone application on the app store/google play: (search word "Yellow Book"). This is a free download application for i-phones. Word of caution is the YellowBook is to be used as a guide. The official reference for energetic materials is through the Joint Hazard Classification System (JHCS) which is Common Access Card (CAC) protected. However, if it is necessary for access, the Contracting Officer can sponsor the contractor into the site.

    Yellow Book Ammunition Yellow Book
    Yellow Book Yellow Book, Ammunition

    Open full Question Details