Sign In
  • Question

    is dd form 2659 required for cash collections?


    Based on the question is a DD Form 2659 required for cash collections, the instructions were found at of Payment Within the United States and its possessions, PVs covering dealers’ bills will be paid by U.S. Treasury checks or electronic funds transfer. Other types of PVs will  normally  be  paid  in  the  same manner. All remittances by mail must be made by check. In cases where a number of PVs are to the same payee, a single Treasury  check  can  be  used to  fulfill  payment obligations. The  only  exceptions  to  the  payment of  PVs  by Treasury check or electronic funds transfer are activities that regularly maintain cash funds for payrolls. When cash is available and desired, PVs may be paid in cash.

    Dealers’ bills stated in foreign currency
    received by ships or shore activities located in the United States will be paid by the DO serving the shore activity billed. The DO will pay by U.S. Treasury check, except when the purchase  document  requires  the  payment to  be  in foreign currency or when the bill is in an excess or near excess currency as listed by the Office of Management and  Budget.  In  these cases,  the  bill  will  be  forwarded for payment to a DO who holds the foreign currency.

    When the payment is made in U.S. dollars, the amount will
    be computed at the rate of exchange current at the time of payment, unless otherwise prescribed in the purchase document. Payments to vendors in a foreign country will be made in a currency authorized by local foreign currency control  laws  or  regulations.  Department  of  State officials in the area will be contacted for guidance and information on the currency controls in effect. If no Department of State official is in the area, the DO must learn and fully comply with the local foreign currency controls.

    Payment to a vendor in a foreign country will be made by U.S. Treasury check or U.S currency under the following  conditions: Payment in U.S. currency is required by the purchase  document. The foreign currency billed is not available to the DO  serving  the  activity  billed  or  to  another overseas  military  DO,  unless  the  foreign currency is listed as  excess or near  excess. When the bill is stated in foreign currency and payment  is made  with  U.S  currency  or  by  a  U.S Treasury check, the rate of exchange current at the time of payment will be used. If the foreign currency is listed as excess or near excess but the currency is not available to the DO serving the shore activity billed, the bill will be forwarded for payment to a U.S. DO who has access to this currency.
    If you have additional questions concerning the policy for your service, you need to contact the Service Comptroller for clarification.

    Open full Question Details