Sign In
  • Question

    Are we allowed to use the GCPC to pay for Pest Control Service?


    FAR 13.301 -- Governmentwide Commercial Purchase Card states:
    "(a) Except as provided in 32.1108(b)(2), the Governmentwide commercial purchase card is authorized for use in making and/or paying for purchases of supplies, services, or construction. The Governmentwide commercial purchase card may be used by contracting officers and other individuals designated in accordance with 1.603-3. The card may be used only for purchases that are otherwise authorized by law or regulation.
    (b) Agencies using the Governmentwide commercial purchase card shall establish procedures for use and control of the card that comply with the Treasury Financial Manual for Guidance of Departments and Agencies (TFM 4-4500) and that are consistent with the terms and conditions of the current GSA credit card contract. Agency procedures should not limit the use of the Governmentwide commercial purchase card to micro-purchases. Agency procedures should encourage use of the card in greater dollar amounts by contracting officers to place orders and to pay for purchases against contracts established under Part 8 procedures, when authorized; and to place orders and/or make payment under other contractual instruments, when agreed to by the contractor. See 32.1110(d) for instructions for use of the appropriate clause when payment under a written contract will be made through use of the card.
    (c) The Governmentwide commercial purchase card may be used to --
    (1) Make micro-purchases;
    (2) Place a task or delivery order (if authorized in the basic contract, basic ordering agreement, or blanket purchase agreement); or
    (3) Make payments, when the contractor agrees to accept payment by the card (but see 32.1108(b)(2))."
    Therefore, per (b) above, you must consult your agency regulations to determine your agency rules, procedures, etc. Also, if your purchase would be over the micro-purchase threshold, you should seek contracting officer guidance to determine whether any contractual instruments described by (c)(2) are available for use by your organization (BOAs, BPAs, etc.).

    Open full Question Details