Sign In
  • Question

    Can a ship to address under a contract reflect another contractor's facility? If the receiving contractor has a COMSEC account and custodian, would this be allowable for a CCI item?


    Yes if arranged through the proper steps.  Here's how:

    Acceptance points shall be identified (e. g., DOD Activity Address Codes. (DODAACS).  Contractor’s can be acceptance points if they have an associated DoDAAC.

    The Department of Defense Activity Address Code (DoDAAC) is a six-position code that uniquely identifies a unit, activity, or organization that has the authority to requisition, contract for, receive, have custody of, issue, or ship government-owned assets, or fund/pay bills for materials and/or services.

    Among the various uses, DoDAACs are used for identifying shippers and receivers across the distribution pipeline.
    How do I get a DoDAAC or update an existing one?

    The Central Service Points (CSPs) are the only people authorized to create, update and/or assign a DoDAAC. Based on you organization type there are different means to obtain a DoDAAC:
    For Military or Government Service/Agency employees, contact your Central Service Point (CSP) or local DoDAAC Monitor at your location to have a DoDAAC assigned. If a DoDAAC Monitor does not exist at your Service/Agency, you may look up the CSP for your Servcie/Agency: Requests for new DoDAAC or modification to an existing DoDAAC must allow for processing by the CSP in order to be implemented in time for its intended use (e.g. requisitioning, shipping, billing, etc.).

    For Private organizations (e.g., contractors), contact the Service/Agency with whom you have a contract. That Service/Agency will determine if you are eligible and assign a DoDAAC (if eligibility requirements are met).  Contractor DoDAACs are only issued for the length of the contract.  When the contract expires, the DoDAAC will be deleted (inactivated). If you contract is extended, you must contact your contract officer. Only a warranted contracting officer can request a DoDAAC change.


    Open full Question Details