Sign In
  • Question

    If we are terminating a Small Business (SB) contract for default, and the SB is no longer in business, no longer in SAM, and Debarred is it still necessary to contact their Small Business Administration Regional Office?


    Yes, FAR 49.402-3(e)(4) states, "If the contractor is a small business firm, the contracting officer shall immediately provide a copy of any cure notice or show cause notice to the contracting office’s small business specialist and the Small Business Administration Regional Office nearest the contractor. The contracting officer should, whenever practicable, consult with the small business specialist before proceeding with a default termination (see also 49.402-4)."

    Open full Question Details