Sign In
  • Question

    Can the grant funds be used to pay for a DA civilian position?


    This response is based on the information provided.  We suggest you discuss with your contracting officer, financial manager, and/or legal department as appropriate. 


    This is not a FAR question as the FAR does not cover grants.  It is a finance question. 


    The question you asked centers around the payment of a GS civilian through a research institute DoD grant.  The Code of Federal Regulations (e-CFR) has an entire section, Title 2, with OMB guidance for Grants and Agreements. 

    Each grant is written specifically and will include/exclude costs of certain types.  GS civilians that work in an RDT&E environment are typically paid with RDT&E appropriations. 

    I strongly suggest you contact the Agency that granted the funds for this research project for clarification on the ability to fund a GS civilian researcher.

    Open full Question Details