Sign In
  • Question

    Is SAMS registration required for rental of space contracts with vendors before we can enter into leases?


    The General Services Administration (“GSA”) is the federal agency primarily responsible for owning, leasing, and managing real property on behalf of most other federal agencies, although some agencies (like the Department of Defense, Postal Service and Veterans’ Administration) handle some of their own real property needs. Leases are covered to a limited extent in the FAR, in several different ways. See FAR subpart 7.4 about equipment purchase versus leases and FAR part 45 (FAR 52.245-1), for the definition of Government property.


    The specific regulations on leases are in the General Services Acquisition Manual, part 570. 

    Any company receiving appropriated funds needs to be registered in SAM


    Open full Question Details