Sign In
  • Question

    1. Is a letter or a contract modification required to document the rent free use authorization? 2. If a contract modification is required, should a DD1149 be attached to the contract modifications?


    Neither FAR nor DFARS requires a contract modification for rent free use authorization; however, it does require that all communication be in writing (FAR 52.245-1(L)).  A letter would comply with the requirement along with any applicable details and instruction for use.  Since the items are not being shipped or transferred to another location/contract and the Contractor is only being allowed rent-free/non-interference use, an 1149 is not necessary. 

    Open full Question Details
Chat with DAU Assistant
Bot Image