Sign In
  • Question

    Our office has heard of a specific regulation that specifically states that if an organization only received RDT&E funding, they may use RDT&E for O&M and Procurement purchases. Our office has been searching and ready various Air Force, AFMC, and other Regulations, but cannot find that specific wording. Our searches have come up empty. A co-worker remembers reading that specific regulation about 4 years ago, but cannot find the reference material. The question is, is there such a regulation out there that is specific verbiage. Thanks, Glenn


    "The question is, is there such a regulation out there that is specific verbiage? - The DoD FMR (Vol. 2A, Ch. 1, Sec. 010213) identifies the usage of RDT&E funds unique to requirements that are typically funded with O&M or Procurement funding.  The regulation states RDT&E funds can be used for research, development, test and evaluation efforts performed by contractors and government installations, including procurement of end items, weapons, equipment, components, materials and services required for development of equipment, material, or computer application software; its Development Test and Evaluation (DT&E); and its Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) (010213.B.1).  It also states RDT&E funds can be used for the operation of R&D installations and activities engaged in the conduct of R&D programs, including direct and indirect efforts, expense and investment costs (010213.B.2).
    However, RDT&E funds cannot be used for the acquisition or installation for product improvement efforts/modification kits (as they can only be used for testing and development efforts supporting product improvement efforts/modification kits).  There is additional info throughout this regulation, but the bottom line will come down to what the item considered Small Arms is used for.
    We cannot provide an official recommendation since we do not have all details of the situation or the AFMC-specific regulation/guidance documents.  We strongly encourage your team review the DoD FMR and contact your Comptroller Office or Legal Counsel Office before making a final determination.  Contact us if we can provide any additional assistance.  Thank you."

    Open full Question Details
Chat with DAU Assistant
Bot Image