Sign In
  • Question

    Must the DoDAAC of a military entity be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) in order to receive a MIPR from another Agency?


    This response is based on the information provided.  We suggest you discuss with your contracting team, program manager and/or legal department as appropriate. 
    There is nothing in the FAR, DFARS, or DFARS PGI that addresses your question.  The FAR is directed at acquisitions between government and industry, not funds transfers between government entities.  System for Award Management  (SAM) as it relates to the FAR requires contractor registration, but is not intended to address government entities or military interdepartmental purchase requests (MIPRs).  The Department of Defense Activity Address Code ( DoDAAC ) is an identifier that a unit should have.
    The NASA requirement is policy which is not necessarily binding on DoD units.  If the requirement is for the purpose of getting the DoDAAC, that could be given without registration in SAM.
    We believe government agencies are not required to register in the SAM.

    Open full Question Details
Chat with DAU Assistant
Bot Image