1. Assuming no JPRs and not JCB or JROC interest Sponsor should confirm with Army Gatekeeper and J8/Joint Gatekeeper.
2. If assumption is true, then the Army Requirements Authority (G8/AFC) should approve a waiver to not include the mandatory attributes of the Sustainment KPP.
3. Answering when should they request a waiver from the KPP, I would advise immediately since this KPP effects test planning required as they accelerate to a MS C.
4. An alternative to completely excluding the Sustainment KPP would be to work with the PM to establish sustainment metrics which may be achievable over time so as to not delay MS C or cause challenges with early Operational Testing.
5. Finally, when presenting a waiver request to the sustainment KPP, some trade off analysis should be conducted to look at operational risk versus operational benefit and lifecycle costs.
Required fields marked with *
Please note that you should expect to receive a response from our team, regarding your inquiry, within 2 business days.