Sign In
  • Question

    With what appropriation should we fund the below Tasks? - Support Systems Engineering (SE) design reviews and technical reviews as required. - Support production-engineering activities for legacy systems. - Support engineering activities for upgrades to legacy systems. - Assist the Teams with formally documenting current hardware and software baselines for each program in accordance with CM best practices and CM plans as required. - Provide Interface Control Document (ICD) development support as required. - Support Technical/Trade Studies as required. - Support the use of the CM repository (CMPRO) for program documentation and other CM-related documentation as required complying with principles in MIL-HDBK-61A, the NIWC Atlantic UCS IPT Configuration Management Plan (CMP), and the SATCOM Team Configuration Management Plan (CMP). - Support configuration audits (Functional and Physical Configuration Audits (FCA/PCA)) as required. - Participate in Non-developmental Item Review (NIR) specifically providing draft integrated and 80% complete Technical Data Package (TDP) as required. - Prepare, review and edit ECPs for Engineering Review Board (ERB) and subsequent Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings as required. - Review configuration management documentation and make recommendations as needed


    This response is based on the information provided.  We suggest you discuss with your contracting team, program manager and/or legal department as appropriate. 

    DAU does not give opinions; however, I can direct you to FM guidance concerning the question.  The Financial Management Regulation (FMR) 7000.14-R discusses the Appropriations and the uses for each Appropriation.  Specific to your question the FMR 7000.14-R Volume 2A Chapter 1 Paragraph 010213 defines RDT&E and the tasks covered by RDT&E.  Also, the FMR 7000.14-R Volume 2B Chapter 5 delves into the different Budget Activities covered by RDT&E.  I suggest reviewing this guidance and then having a discussion with the Financial POC to ascertain the reason for using the PMC funds.  You can also ask for an opinion by the Legal office to assist with ensuring the correct Appropriation is requested.


    Open full Question Details
Chat with DAU Assistant
Bot Image