Sign In
  • Question

    Can the Government write contracts for apartment rentals (apartment lease) for temporary summer hires/temporary federal employees? And if so, what is the authority?


    Normally the answer is no the Government cannot pay for apartment rentals for employees, whether temporary or permanent.  I strongly suggest you discuss with your Legal Office for additional guidance.  You may consider trying to hire these temporary employees at a higher GS grade to help with apartment rental fees.


    Open full Question Details
Chat with DAU Assistant
Bot Image