Sign In
  • Question

    Can a modification be completed to change contractor (CAGE, DUNS, and address)? Contractor name is same (parent company); however, remainder of information would change.


    Yes, you would issue a unilateral modification to correct the administrative error. However, if a representative from the parent company in California signed the proposal or award but the subsidiary in Texas is actually responsible for contract performance, then it's not so straightforward as simply issuing an administrative mod. This doesn't appear to be your situation, but if it is, you may have to issue a termination to absolve the parent company of its obligation in order to properly award the contract to the subsidiary. That would be a situation for which you would definitely want to check with your legal counsel. 

    Open full Question Details