Sign In
  • Question

    Can the contract be changed from a 'D' to a 'C' and if so, are there any special approvals needed?


    You can change the contract from a 'D' to a 'C' type contract.  You must be sure to include all the appropriate clauses for a FFP contract in your modification, change schedule B accordingly, negotiate out any Contract Minimums or Maximums, and settle on a firm fixed price.  Be sure to check with your counsel or contracting officer to understand why it was an IDIQ contract to begin with and to follow any local procedures to approve the modification.  Your counsel and contracting officer may have some history you are unaware of as to why it is a 'D' type contract.

    Open full Question Details