Sign In
  • Question

    Can a subcontrator submit a REA directly to the Governement bypassing the prime contractor?


    The Request for Equitable Adjustment clause (for DoD contracts it's the clause at DFARS 252.243-7002) is addressed to the "Contractor." There is no legal recourse for a subcontractor to submit an REA to the Government. The Army's contracting officer may attempt to contact you to encourage a negotiated resolution, but there is no legal avenue I am aware of for the subcontractor to deal directly with the Government customer on an REA. For a more authoritative response, please contact Legal Counsel.

    Open full Question Details