In the Aftermath of Last Week's Storm
For those who have not already seen it, permit me to bring to your attention the following important announcement posted on the DAU homepage:
The “ATLAS (online learning management system) is currently unavailable due to a severe storm that moved through the Ft. Belvoir, Va., area on June 29.
• Status: Repairs are underway to the ATLAS database server that was physically damaged during the storm. Following the repairs, system functionality and data will be assessed as quickly and thoroughly as possible before DAU resumes normal online access.
• Goal: DAU is striving to return students to a problem-free experience. Any issues DAU finds will be corrected before students are allowed back into the system.
• Extensions: DAU will apply a 10-day extension for all students currently enrolled in a Web and/or continuous learning module. Students that were un-enrolled because their class expired during the outage will be re-enrolled and given a 10-day extension.
• Tests: In order to minimize inadvertent test issues, any student that was attempting a test at the time the system outage occurred will receive a full test reset once ATLAS is back online.
• Blackboard: Access to Blackboard will return when ATLAS is back online. Instructors will implement a contingency plan (by course/offering) to accommodate pre-course work that would have otherwise been supported via Blackboard.
Please be advised that Ft. Belvoir is (also) experiencing telephone issues at this time. Anyone trying to reach the DAU Hotline and/or the Help Desk may receive an "all circuits are busy" message or a delayed response. The most efficient way to contact DAU in the meantime is through e-mail: [email protected]. We will continue to provide status updates as they are received.”