CAC-Enabled Access to DAU Computer-Based Training Restored
Members of the defense acquisition workforce received the following e-mail announcement earlier today. It is provided here for your information. Please note that this announcement is intended for the defense acquisition workforce; restoration of access for industry and other non-DoD organizations is still in progress.
DAU is pleased to announce that members of the DoD AT&L workforce may again access our online learning system for distance learning courses and continuous learning modules. The Virtual Campus Website, learn.dau.mil, is back in service for those individuals with a DoD Common Access Card (CAC).
All students located on DAU campuses continue to receive the full range of learning services from DAU.
How do I start?
· Go to learn.dau.mil
· Select the Login via CAC option
· Enter your PIN
All existing course records and enrollments are available. You may launch and complete courses for which you are already registered, view your history, and retrieve certificates.
What services are available?
· You may register for new classroom courses, distance learning courses, and continuous learning modules.
· You may continue your progress for any course or module started prior to July 13, 2011.
· All students who were in progress at the time of the initial access restriction have received automatic extensions.
· Transcript updates are ongoing, and all final status of course completions will be recorded.
· For access to course pre-work, students should follow the guidance received via email from instructors.
Are prerequisites in effect again?
· Yes. If you are registering for a classroom course that will be held in 2Q FY12 or later, any prerequisite distance learning courses and/or continuous learning modules must be completed prior.
What if I have been completing courses or modules using the alternative DAU website, Train.dau.mil, for the past few weeks?
· All DoD CAC holders who were enrolled in online courses and modules as of July 13, 2011 were given access to a temporary environment, train.dau.mil, in order to continue to make progress. If you have continued a course or module in that system, you must finish the course through train.dau.mil in order to graduate.
· If you opted not to continue your course in that system, you may start again from learn.dau.mil on September 19.
Can I switch from Train.dau.mil to Learn.dau.mil on Monday?
· If you made progress in a course using train.dau.mil, that is where you need to continue until you finish that course or module. Your on-going progress will not be available at learn.dau.mil. If you would like to start a new course or module, new registrations will be available at learn.dau.mil.
Who can help me with additional questions?
· If you need assistance with the DAU learning system, either train.dau.mil or learn.dau.mil, please contact [email protected].
DAU realizes that the unprecedented need to curtail access to our learning system last July has had a significant impact on the community we serve. As we return to normal operations, the DAU team is deeply appreciative of your patience and support.