Call for Nominations for the 2022 DoD DMSMS Awards
The Defense Standardization Program Office issued a call for nominations for the annual Department of Defense DMSMS Achievement Awards in a June 24, 2022 memorandum entitled “Call for Nominations - 2022 Department of Defense (DOD) Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) Program Achievement Awards”.
The DoD DMSMS Program Achievement Awards recognize individuals and teams across the Military Departments and Defense Agencies responsible for significant achievements in DMSMS management in three award categories (Team Achievement, Individual Achievement, and Lifetime Achievement). The awards are based on achievements in the following areas:
- Exceptional DMSMS management
- Significantly improved and quantifiable readiness levels
- Substantial cost avoidance
- Exceptional warfighter support related to or realized through mitigation of a DMSMS issue
- Creation or implementation of a DMSMS best practice that increases supportability and availability of systems to the warfighter.
Further information about the DoD DMSMS Achievement Awards, including an excellent DMSMS Award Nomination Guide, nomination forms for each of the three award categories, and information on previous award winners are all available on the DMSMS Knowledge Sharing Portal DMSMS Awards page.