Defense Standardization Program (DSP) Video Insights
Encourage life cycle logisticians, product support managers, systems engineers, program managers, and other members of the defense acquisition workforce to check out The Defense Standardization Program (DSP) YouTube Video Channel if you have the opportunity. It includes a range of informative, short duration videos, including:
- The Defense Standardization Program
- The Application of Standards
- Shaping the Future pf Standards and Specifications
- Celebrating the DSP’s 70th Anniversary
- About the DSP
- The Kinds of Things Standards Do
- Shaping the Future of Standardization
- Standardization is a Team Sport
- 2022 Standardization Conference Proceedings
For those who may not be aware of the critical role the Defense Standardization Program plays, encouraging you to check out their website. For those unfamiliar with the DSPO, “under the direction of the Defense Standardization Executive, the DSPO responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage day-to-day activities and efforts of the Defense Standardization Program (DSP).
- Develop DoD-wide standardization policies and procedures.
- Provide tools for successful implementation of standards.
- Assign Lead Standardization Activities.
- Serve as executive sponsor for Diminishing Manufacturing and Materiel Shortages (DMSMS) and Government Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP).
- Serve as DoD representative to federal agencies, non-Government Standards Bodies, international organizations, multinational treaty organizations and the private sector.”