Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 10: DAU LOG Blog!
To recap our journey to-date, so far we’ve examined:
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 1: Training Courses!
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 2: OLT Modules!
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 3: Mission Assist Workshops!
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 4: ACQuipedia!
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 5: Communities!
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 6: Videos & Podcasts!
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 7: Professional Reading!
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 8: Guidance Suites!
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 9: Job Support Tools!
Today, we continue our examination of the area we call “Workflow Learning” by providing access to an important, but perhaps lesser known resource available to the life cycle logistics and product support manager community, namely this DAU LOG Blog. While it may strike some of you as being somewhat of a circular reference to blog about a blog, bear with me on this one. First off, a few factoids of potential interest:
- This real-time knowledge sharing mechanism is designed, intended and focused on promulgating publicly accessible, unclassified information to the defense acquisition workforce
- Targeted at the DoD life cycle logistics and product support manager (PSM) workforce, however many topics have applicability to a broader audience beyond logistics and product support
- We’ve been where you are, and we recognize the criticality of accurate information and timely communication; Our philosophy: timely, current, accurate, relevant, interesting
- We measure timeliness in hours or days, not weeks or months
- Readily available directly on the DAU LOG Blog site, the DAU Life Cycle Logistics Functional Gateway site, or even from the homepage of the DAU website.
- For those who have the no-cost DAU Mobile App installed on your personal or government mobile device, users can set their preferences to receive real-time notifications of new LOG Blog posts as soon as they are available
- We’ve shared nearly 2,000 posts in the nearly eleven years since the DAU LOG Blog went live back in August 2009 (including today’s posts, the number officially stands at 1,951 lifetime posts)
- June 2020 represented the single highest number of DAU LOG Blog posts in a single month to-date with 46 posts
Encourage you to take a few minutes to peruse these no-cost resources as you continue your professional development journey in support of our workforce, our programs, our organizations, our profession, and our warfighters.
Next Up: Key Product Support Definitions!