Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 9: Job Support Tools!
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 1: Training Courses!
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 2: OLT Modules!
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 3: Mission Assist Workshops!
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 4: ACQuipedia!
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 5: Communities!
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 6: Videos & Podcasts!
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 7: Professional Reading!
- Logistics Portfolio Revue Part 8: Guidance Suites!
Today, we continue our examination of the area we call “Workflow Learning” by providing access to an important, but perhaps lesser known resource available to the life cycle logistics and product support manager community, namely our Integrated DAU Product Support Tools and Resources Suite, containing a myriad of DAU and DoD job support tools, as well as links to a range of private sector tools, including:
- Product Support Analytical Tools Database - This repository profiles hundreds of government and commercial tools used to help facilitate product support decisions, with an emphasis on DoD weapon system product support. This database includes decision support tools and data sources for product support modeling, simulation, management, analysis, assessment, evaluation, and logistics product data management.
- Product Support Strategy Development Tool - The Product Support Strategy Development Tool supports DoD Product Support Managers (PSM) and Life Cycle Logistics workforce members in developing affordable and executable product support strategies, while expanding on and reinforcing DoD product support guidance contained in both the DoD Product Support Manager's Guidebook and the DoD Performance Based Logistics Guidebook
- Product Support Implementation Roadmap Tool - This tool assists in building a best value product support package in support of the Warfighter. The tool provides detailed activity and output listings across the lifecycle and by IPS Element. It provides information via a “List View”, which is a compact list of Product Support activities and outputs required, as well as a “Timeline View” showing activities and outputs over the total lifecycle.
- Product Support Business Model (PSBM) Tool - This tool defines the hierarchical framework in which the planning, development, implementation, management, and execution of product support for a weapon system component, subsystem, or system platform will be accomplished over the life cycle. The PSBM describes the methodology by which DoD intends to ensure achievement of optimized product support through balancing maximum weapon system availability with the most affordable and predictable total ownership cost.
- Milestone Documentation Identification (MDID) Tool – While not exclusively a product support toll, the Milestone Document Identification tool (MDID) includes product support resources. It is designed to assist defense acquisition workforce members identify and filter through statutory and regulatory document requirements by phase, milestone, Acquisition Category (ACAT), Life Cycle Event, Source, Key Word as identified in the various tables Contained in the DoD Instruction 5000.02.
- Acquisition Requirements Roadmap Tool (ARRT) – Another multi-disciplinary tool, the ARRT is a powerful job aid designed to help defense acquisition workforce members improve tradecraft in service acquisitions. Features include supporting development of performance based service requirements following a proven process, creating a draft Performance Work Statement (PWS), Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP), and Performance Requirements Summary (PRS), develop contract source selection factors, monitor and track contractor performance based on your PWS, and develop an Independent Government Cost Estimate.
- US Army Logistics Data Analysis Center (LDAC) Tool Suite – This suite of joint service decision support software tools is owned and managed by the US Army Materiel Command to assist acquisition Program and Product Support Managers conduct supportability analyses, develop key program management documentation, develop their logistics management information data base, conduct engineering life cycle costing, perform Level of Repair Analysis (LORA), conduct sustainment/supportability analysis, and employ the results of these analyses to reduce project cost, schedule, increase performance, and minimize risk.
- Performance Based Logistics (PBL) Maturity Assessment Tool - Assists with an analysis of a program's PBL maturity, and provides an assessment of how this strategy may lead to a successful PBL program. Assessment can be conducted during any program phase, but when executed early in the program, the design and contracting approaches may be positively influenced to enable effective PBL product support arrangements.
Encourage you to take a few minutes to peruse these no-cost resources as you continue your professional development journey in support of our workforce, our programs, our organizations, our profession, and our warfighters.
Next Up: Real-Time Product Support Information (a.k.a., DAU LOG Blogs)!