New 2020 Department of Defense Data Strategy
- Visible – Consumers can locate the needed data.
- Accessible – Consumers can retrieve the data.
- Understandable – Consumers can find descriptions of data to recognize the content, context, and applicability.
- Linked – Consumers can exploit complementary data elements through innate relationships.
- Trustworthy – Consumers can be confident in all aspects of data for decision-making.
- Interoperable – Consumers and producers have a common representation and comprehension of data.
- Secure – Consumers know that data is protected from unauthorized use and manipulation.
For additional information see also an October 8, 2020 announcement entitled “DoD Issues New Data Strategy.”