New DAU DMSMS Fundamentals Training Deploys!
This new course describes why DMSMS management is important, how it relates to the Defense Acquisition System, and the processes of DMSMS management. The course discusses the five-step process of prepare, identify, assess, analyze, and implement DMSMS actions. The course moves beyond a basic familiarity with the topic, introducing the skills and knowledge necessary to establish and conduct DMSMS management actions for a program office. The new LOG 0560 is intended for all defense acquisition workforce members, regardless of functional community involved in the acquisition and sustainment of DoD weapons systems and equipment, including program managers, systems engineers, and life cycle logisticians.
For additional insights into this important topic, see also DoD Instruction 4245.15 Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages Management, the SD-22 DMSMS: A Guidebook of Best Practices for Implementing a Robust DMSMS Management Program, the DMSMS Knowledge Sharing Portal (DKSP), and a recent DAU LOG Blog entitled Quick Reference DMSMS & Parts Management Resources.
Astute observers will note that DAU previously offered a similarly titled course. This new LOG 0650 online training course (OLT) leverages updated content from -- and replaces -- the now-retired CLL 201 continuous learning module. You will also note the replacement of CLL designation by LOG, which represents the new standard for all DAU logistics and product support courses as we move forward. This new LOG 0650 also represents the seventeenth of these revamped, revised, and re-designated DAU life cycle logistics OLT courses, which now include:
- LOG 0020 Defense Logistics Agency Support to the Program Manager
- LOG 0080 Designing for Supportability in DoD Systems
- LOG 0120 Supportability Analysis Fundamentals
- LOG 0140 Packaging of Hazardous Material
- LOG 0230 Title 10 U.S.C. 2464 Core Statute Implementation
- LOG 0250 Depot Maintenance Inter-Service Support Agreements (DMISA)
- LOG 0290 Condition-Based Maintenance Plus (CBM+)
- LOG 0300 Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- LOG 0360 The DoD Shelf-Life Program
- LOG 0370 DoD Supply Chain Fundamentals
- LOG 0460 The Twelve Integrated Product Support Elements
- LOG 0570 Level of Repair Analysis (LORA)
- LOG 0640 DMSMS: What The PM Needs To Do and Why
- LOG 0650 DMSMS Fundamentals
- LOG 0660 DMSMS Executive Overview
- LOG 0670 DMSMS Basic Component Research
- LOG 1000 Life Cycle Logistics Fundamentals
As a reminder, DAU's legacy three-digit course numbering schema, along with the old “CLL” continuous learning module designation, is gradually being phased out and replaced by a new four-digit course numbering taxonomy. Through attrition, updated and new courses will eventually all be re-designated with four-digit course numbers and be assigned LOG prefixes. These changes are being made for a range of reasons including to align with updated course content, provide better configuration control, improve standardization, and reduce the number of course designations, among others.
Finally, as has long been the case, our sincerest thanks and appreciation to the DoD and Service DMSMS subject matter experts who supported this important learning asset update, in particular the DoD DMSMS leadership team headed up by the Defense Standardization Program Office (DSPO).