New DAU Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) Training
By way of follow-up, the team recently launched the full suite of four overview videos on the topic:
- FIAR Video #1 Ever wonder what Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) is all about? And, why is this important to the Department of Defense (DoD)? These are just a few of the questions that this series of informative videos on FIAR attempt to answer. Join us as we explore the DoD journey to audit readiness. The FIAR Methodology defines the key tasks, underlying detailed activities and resulting work products that all reporting entities should follow to become audit ready. The FIAR Methodology maximizes the potential for successful financial statement audits by considering the methods financial statement auditors use to assess financial statement accuracy in accordance with auditing standards. Please take a look at the link to see the first of four videos on FIAR.
- FIAR Video #2 This is the second video in the series on Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness. This video addresses FIAR Waves 1 & 2.
- FIAR Video #3 This is the third video in the Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) series. This video covers Waves 3 and 4.
- FIAR Video #4 This is the fourth video in the series on Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR). This video discusses the FIAR Methodology.
In addition to these four new overview videos, other excellent resources on the subject include:
- A great place to start is the OSD Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) Guidance website
- Another excellent resources is the DoD Comptroller/Chief Financial Officer (CFO) FIAR Guidance, dated April 2017
- Additionally, a good deal of current information is readily available in the DoD Office of the Deputy Chief Financial Officer (ODCFO) Semi-annual FIAR Plan Status Reports to Congress
- There is also a FIAR Blog on MilSuite
- In addition to DAU’s CLM 048 Audit Readiness Requirements for DoD Equipment continuous learning module, DoD-level FIAR training is also available by sending an e-mail to [email protected]