New Defense Materiel Disposition Manual
This “manual is composed of several volumes, each containing its own purpose… this manual prescribes uniform procedures for the disposition of DoD personal property and establishes the sequence of processes for disposition of personal property of the DoD Components. This volume:
- Details disposal procedures for hazardous materiel and other property that require special handling.
- Provides specific handling procedures for special cases by category.
- Correlates the disposition of special cases with the requirements in DoDI 4160.28 and DoD Manual (DoDM) 4160.28 (Reference (d)) for the demilitarization (DEMIL) and physical DEMIL of DoD personal property.”
For related information on these topics, see also the:
- DAU Hazardous Materials Packaging & Transportation Community of Practice
- LOG 0130 DoD Packaging Online Training Course
- LOG 0140 Packaging of Hazardous Materials Online Training Course
- LOG 0510 System Retirement, Disposition, Reclamation, Demilitarization & Disposal
- Integrated Product Support (IPS) Element - Packaging, Handling, Storage, and Transportation (PHS&T) ACQuipedia Article
- Disposal and Disposition of Military Systems ACQuipedia Article
- Additional Training