New DoDI 5000.66 Acquisition Workforce Instruction
From our colleagues at the Human Capital Initiatives (HCI) office, a summary of the substantive changes to the subject Instruction includes:
- In accordance with Public Law 116-92, changes name of Defense Acquisition Workforce Development Fund (DAWDF) to Defense Acquisition Workforce Development Account (DAWDA).
- In accordance with Public Law 116-92, removes the 24-semester hours of the business credit requirement for contracting positions and the Defense Acquisition Corps.
- In accordance with Public Law 116-92, repeals additional acquisition workforce category of Acquisition Corps.
- Incorporates guidance from the Back-to-Basics initiative changes - Revises term Functional Leader to Functional Area Leader; revises name of and membership of senior acquisition leadership governance bodies, adds table of defense acquisition functional areas; establishes Knowledge Areas, re-titles acquisition certification levels from Basic to Foundational and Intermediate to Practitioner and extends time-period for completing position certification requirements as described below.
- Provides additional time for workforce to meet position certification requirements. Revises the prior 24 months grace period to 36 months (Foundational level), 60 months (Practitioner level if applicable), and 48 months (Advanced level).
- Establishes USD(R&E) as responsible for Functional Area Leader responsibilities for the Engineering and Technical Management, and Test and Evaluation Functional Areas.
- Aligns Office of Human Capital Initiatives under Defense Acquisition University
- Defines defense acquisition credential – a training-related resource for the workforce
- Streamlines issuance details on competencies and key leadership positions