New LOG 2350 Performance Based Logistics (PBL) Course!
Over the past several months, your DAU teammates have been busy updating our LOG 2350 Performance Based Logistics (PBL) online training course. This update, which features 18 all-new recorded live-actor videos and a new graphical user interface should address many of the recommendations for improvement that prior students had shared with us... you asked, we listened!
LOG 2350 is a mandatory training course for Life Cycle Logistics (LCL) Foundational Tier certification. If you have not already completed an earlier version of the course, you are in for an exciting learning journey with Tom Tiffin, newly assigned LCL to the fictional "Nemesis" program office. In this revised course, Tom is "undercover" on a secret mission from a senior LCL executive to evaluate how new LCLs are trained in Nemesis. As the learner, you will be in the thick of things with Tom and his Product Support Manager (PSM), Barbara, and Program Manager, Sam, as they solve a real-world product support challenge using a PBL solution... and discover a surprising ending.
If you have already completed LOG 2350, as an added bonus, you are well on your way toward completing the CLCL 008 Product Support Arrangements Credential, which includes an engaging recorded live-action scenario with a PSM who receives a visit from his "future self" to solve another real-world weapon system product support challenge. I encourage you to check it out - credentials are a great way to work towards your 80 CLPs (if acquisition coded) and for all learners increase your knowledge in job-specific aspects of Life Cycle Logistics.
Given the importance of contract incentives in a crafting a best value performance based logistics product support arrangements with industry product support integrators (PSI) and/or product support providers (PSP), encourage readers to take a look at several related learning assets offered by your DAU teammates:
- LOG 0110 Introduction to Performance Based Logistics Online Training (OLT) Course
- LOG 0310 Performance Based Logistics Contracting Strategies OLT Course
- LOG 2350 Performance Based Logistics (PBL) OLT Course
- DAU LOG 3400/V Life Cycle Product Support Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) Course
- WSL 001 Performance Based Logistics Mission Assist Workshop
- Incentives - Motivating Achievement of Desired Product Support Outcomes
- Performance Based Logistics (PBL) Contract Lengths
- Performance Based Logistics (PBL) Contracting Strategies
- Performance Based Logistics (PBL) Metrics - Overview
- Performance Based Logistics (PBL) Metrics – Techniques & Tools for Optimizing Operating & Support (O&S) Cost & System Readiness
- Performance Based Logistics (PBL) Metrics - Thresholds vs. Objectives
- PBL Community of Practice (PBL CoP)
- Winners of Annual Secretary of Defense PBL Award (since 2005 Program Inception)
- PBL Maturity Job Support Tool
- Video Interview - Micro-video with the late-Jerry Beck, the namesake of the SECDEF PBL Award
- PBL Success Story Powerful Example Video with NAVSUP & NAVAIR
- NAVSUP WSS Secrets to Success Webcast: Performance Based Logistics 101 (February 2022)