New Mar-Apr 2023 Issue of Defense Acquisition Magazine
The newly-published March-April 2023 edition of Defense Acquisition Magazine is now available online for your reading pleasure, professional development, and for the majority of us, for both! Headlined Leveraging DoD’s Small Business Strategy to Expand Opportunities", this new issue is chock full of interesting, engaging, and timely articles, including:
- Leveraging DoD’s 2023 Small Business Strategy to Expand Opportunities Within the Defense Industrial Base by Deborah G. Rosenblum Performing the Duties of Assistant Secretary of Defense for Industrial Base Policy - DoD offers new resources to attract small businesses to defense contracting.
- Planning for the Future of Earned Value Management - Plain language, simplified training, and a culture of trust are needed to realize the benefits of Earned Value Management within the DoD.
- It’s Time to “Reboot” Earned Value Management - Earned Value Management can help deliver reliable, timely information and speed acquisitions.
- Telework—Possible Learning Curve Effects and the Need for More Analysis - Decision makers who embrace telework as an option can benefit from research on its correlation with the decay of learned skills, performance, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Zero Trust and Industry’s Role in Growing Cybersecurity Solutions - To enable resilient cybersecurity systems, government organizations must rely on industry to move toward Zero Trust cybersecurity principles.
- Energize Your Workplace Feedback - Better approaches and tools for workforce evaluations can improve performance.
- Avoiding a “Cargo Cult” Transformation - By communicating productive transformation measures to all employees, an organization gains a deep understanding of objectives and a supportive corporate culture—unlike a “cargo cult” where disparate activities have no known impact.
- 2022 Defense Acquisition Workforce Awards
- MDAP/MAIS Program Manager Changes
Additionally, there are several additional “Online Exclusives”, available to readers including:
- Conferences and Meetings - Current conferences and meetings of interest to Defense Acquisition readers. Links provided to registration and additional information.
- Acquisition Excellence - The latest awards and recognition received for work well done.
- What's New at DAU - Deployment of new credentials, available workshops, webinars, and other new learning opportunities.
- Research, Technology, and Innovation - Learn about recent innovation, initiatives, and achievements.
- Leadership & Policy - New policy initiatives and recently appointed or nominated DoD policy leaders.
- Career Development Opportunities - Information on DoD and Service-related programs that can benefit careers in the Defense Acquisition workforce.
Finally, for those who may not be familiar with this invaluable professional development resource, Defense Acquisition Magazine is a bimonthly magazine published by DAU Press for senior military personnel, civilians, defense contractors, and defense industry professionals in the defense acquisition and sustainment workforce.