The March-April 2020 issue of the Defense Acquisition
Magazine is now available online for both your professional development and reading pleasure! Articles include:
- Innovations in Program Management Training--The PMT 401 Experience - A major goal of the course is to hone students’ critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Distributed Leadership to Empower Acquisition Professionals - In the digital age information is more broadly accessible than before, altering the dynamics of social and organizational cultures.
- Today’s Complexities Demand More Chefs, Fewer Cooks! - Acquisition’s different, complex situations require different urgencies, tools, and solutions.
- Adapting DAU to Change for the Warfighter - Classroom time is being reduced to concentrate on immediate results and better performance in the acquisition workplace.
- Did Our Budget Go Up or Down? Using a Five-Arrows Budget Analysis - Looking at budget requests and approvals from several angles, past and present, produces a more accurate and useful picture.
- What Are Prototypes? Very Useful, But Not Panaceas - Prototyping aids decision making in early stages of design and acquisition, but is one of many system development tools.
- Enabling Software Innovation Across the DoD - Rapidly evolving threats require a new and highly adaptive strategy for software development and acquisitions.
- The New Defense Acquisition Workforce Awards: Recognizing the Importance of Software - A look at some of the excellent also-ran contenders for the recently inaugurated software awards.
- Evolving Naval Mine Warfare for the 2020s and Beyond - The United States must develop new solutions and establish maritime superiority in areas vulnerable to explosive mines.
- Challenges Facing Non-traditional Contractors Communicating With a Redefined Industrial Base - How can DoD increase its non-traditional business partnerships to maintain the U.S. military edge?
- MDAP/MAIS Program Manager Changes
- Defense Acquisition Magazine—A MarCom Platinum Winner! - This marks the second platinum, or top, award received by the magazine in the last 2 years.