New October 2021 Issue of Defense ARJ is Now Available
The newly published October 2021 edition of the Defense Acquisition Research Journal (ARJ) is now available online for your reading pleasure. With a theme of “Reimagining Program Management”, this latest issue contains multiple articles of specific interest to the defense acquisition workforce and product support communities. Articles include:
- From the Chairman and Executive Editor - Issue 98
- Aligning Program Management Competencies to Industry Standards - The 2020 National Defense Authorization Act targeted improving the quality of the Defense Acquisition Workforce by mandating that acquisition training standards be based on the standards of a nationally accredited third party. This study provides traceability between the DoD program management competencies and the industry standards for project, program, and portfolio management, and elaborates on the extent to which they are aligned.
- Exploring Performance in Air Force Science and Technology Programs - Technology maturation is a key critical success factor in product development. This research examines Air Force science and technology programs and discovers linkages between technology maturation, cost/schedule growth, contract values, program type, and the contractor-government construct.
- “Extra!” Using the Newsvendor Model to Optimize War Reserve Storage - To support future troop surges, the U.S. military must make difficult decisions in advance concerning war materiel inventory levels in the face of uncertainty regarding the intensity and adversary of future conflicts. This research presents a method for selecting an optimal war reserve inventory level using expected marginal cost analysis.
- Research Agenda 2021
- Professional Reading List
- Current Research Resources in Defense Acquisition