New US Army Industrial Base Policy
- Industrial base integration into the acquisition process
- Industrial capabilities assessments
- Make-or-buy policy
- Public-private partnering at Government-owned, Government-operated industrial installations
- Diminishing manufacturing sources and materiel shortages (DMSMS)
- Restricting acquisition to establish or protect the industrial base
Among the other information contained in this new policy, of particular interest to our community is likely to be Appendix E “Synopsis of Public-Private Partnering Authorities Available to Government-Owned, Government-Operated Industrial Installations” (Page 36).