Simplify Your Education at IWU
5 Ways IWU Supports DAU Students & Alumni
You deserve a university that invests in your success and tailors your education to your skills and interests. At Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU), that’s exactly what you get. As a DAU partner, IWU is honored to serve DAU students and alumni as you faithfully support our country.
The prospect of obtaining a degree is downright daunting. Balancing family, work, and a million other responsibilities is intimidating by itself – and adding studies to the mix can seem impossible. Add financial expenses and overcomplicated enrollment processes, and you might think you need to be a rocket scientist to be successful.
You’re stuck wanting to reach the mountain summit, but as you look at the craggy path, you feel defeated before you begin the ascent. Your degree just doesn’t seem worth the hassle and sacrifice.
At IWU, we know the power of education often leads to exceptional careers, provides long-term familial benefits, and results in a higher standard of living. That’s why we’ve partnered with DAU to make your climb easier.
IWU makes your educational aspirations attainable and provides you with the information you need to make an informed decision. We do that through these five advantages:
- DAU Partnership: In partnership with DAU, we have mapped several DAU training programs to related IWU degree programs, ensuring you get full credit for your DAU learning. This reduces the time and cost required to earn your degree. Review pathways here.
- Flexible Schedule: Our programs are built for busy, working adults with families. Students take just one course at a time for five to eight weeks, depending on the program. There are no required log-in times, and you can choose to do your program three different ways:
- Fully online
- Onsite one evening per week at an education center in Indiana, Ohio, or Kentucky
- Online/onsite hybrid
To graduate faster, you can choose to take more classes at a time, but it is not a requirement.
- Maximize Transfer: IWU’s “Bucket Design” enables you to transfer in as many credits as possible to meet requirements and complete your degree faster. Students with military and/or first responder training can transfer up to 45 of the required 60 semester credits into the Associate of Science with a major in Public Service and Management program (ASPSM), meaning you could complete your associate degree in as few as five classes (about seven months).
Additionally, an Associate of Science with a major in Operations Management (ASOM) with specializations in Logistics Management and Advanced Manufacturing Processes – which also employs our Bucket Design – is a new program open to both military and civilian students. We’re also launching a Bachelor of Science with a major in Global Security and Strategy Management following the same model, allowing students to transfer up to 90 credit hours to meet degree requirements. Depending on the credits transferred, students can complete a baccalaureate degree in just over one year.
- Accelerated Degrees: Students can choose Associate to Master’s Pathways that accelerate their completion of a graduate degree. Instead of a typical associate to bachelor’s to master’s track, our accelerated track offers a 24-credit-hour bridge of upper-level undergraduate courses that prepare students for graduate work before they move straight into the master’s program. This option enables students to skip their bachelor’s degree, reducing the time required for a master’s degree by more than a year and saving more than $10,000. Accelerated tracks are offered for the MBA and the Master of Science in Management.
- Reduced Tuition & Fees: IWU gratefully extends preferred tuition to employees of the Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security, as well as to active-duty military, National Guard, reserves, retirees, veterans, spouses, surviving spouses, and dependent children with VA educational benefits. Undergraduate programs are priced at just $250 per credit hour, meaning DOD/DHS tuition assistance will cover a large portion of the cost. View additional tuition details.
IWU supports DAU students and alumni through more than just our tuition savings and course offerings. Our experienced staff and faculty are dedicated to simplifying your educational journey and providing you with the resources necessary for success. You are our primary focus, and we want to make your climb to the top hassle-free. You deserve to reach the summit and enjoy the view. Let’s work together to achieve your goals.