Small Business Resources for the Life Cycle Logistician
To assist PSMs and life cycle logisticians learn more on this topic, wanted to let you know about several helpful resources that are available, including:
- CLM 059 Fundamentals of Small Business for the Acquisition Workforce. This newly updated continuous learning module replaces the former CLM 025. The new CLM 059 consolidates and replaces the former CLC 025 “The Small Business Program for Contracting Officers” and the old CLM 059 “Small Business Program for Program Managers”. The information in this new module is now applicable to the entire Defense Acquisition Workforce, including life cycle logisticians and product support managers. This 12-hour long training module is designed to provide the Acquisition Workforce the tools and understanding of how to ensure maximum practicable small business participation in DoD Acquisitions and describes where and how Small Business Professionals support the acquisition team in DoD Acquisitions. The student will learn the strategic role of the DoD Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) and understand the role of the agency Small Business Professional (SBP). It is an interactive module that walks you through the acquisition process and highlights the various small business programs and where small businesses and the SBP can benefit the DoD.
- Small Business Considerations Checklist - Acquisition Strategy. This Small Business Considerations Checklist for Acquisition Strategies provides acquisition workforce members a handy tool on where and how to consider small business solutions when planning and developing your acquisition strategy.
- DAU Tools – Small Business. For additional small business guidance and resources, check out this site.
- DAU Small Business Programs Training. DAU offers nine training courses on small business programs. For information on each and to register, visit this site.
- DAU Small Business ACQuipedia articles. DAU offers three ACQuipedia articles on small business topics, including: “Small Business “, “Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Programs” and “Small Business Set Asides”.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Learning Center. For Additional Just-in Time Training on Small Business, visit this SBA learning site.