There’s a Tool for That! The IPS Guidebook Suite - Part 3
- Product Support Business Case Analysis provides a standardized BCA process and methodology and providing analytical decision support. The Guidebook includes background info, roles and responsibilities, and data management for creating a Product Support BCA. Additionally, it details the method of preparing the BCA to include research, data analyses and delivery of the report.
- Product Support Manager Guidebook is a powerful tool for the Program Manager, the Product Support Manager and for DoD acquisition and sustainment organizations as they develop and implement product support strategies. It focuses on identifying, developing, implementing, incentivizing, and measuring best value outcome-based product support solutions. It delineates processes, ensures responsibilities are assigned, and provides incentives for attaining these goals. It also facilitates the overall lifecycle management of system reliability, availability, supportability, and life cycle costs. It seeks to provide an integrated acquisition and sustainment framework for achieving Warfighter performance requirements throughout a program life-cycle. It also includes PSM roles and responsibilities with a detailed professional career path.
- Public-Private Partnering for Product Support Guidebook provides best practices to facilitate public-private partnerships. It defines and frames the application of partnering. The guide is organized into six sections. The first two sections defines partnering and provides the value, timing risk and keys to success. The third and fourth sections explains why and how to conduct a business case analysis for a prospective PPP and metrics. The last two sections include case studies and additional information resources.
- Reliability, Availability, Maintainability-Cost (RAM-C) Report Manual assists combat developers, project managers, and engineers to design RAM-C into systems early in a program. The guide presents how to develop and document realistic sustainment Key Performance Parameter and Key System Attribute requirements and how those requirements must be measured.
- SD-22, Diminishing Manufacturing Sources & Material Shortages Guidebook provides best practices for robust and proactive DMSMS management. It explains things to do and why those things are important. It is designed primarily for the DMSMS practitioner, but it can also be useful for program managers, engineers, and life-cycle logisticians.
The Integrated Product Support Guidebook Suite available on the DAU website includes thirteen multidisciplinary guidebooks to assist with developing product support strategies to meet Warfighter requirements for readiness, availability, suitability and affordability. How do I get to the IPS Guidebook Suite? As I shared previously, there are several options open to you. You can use the DAU website or your favorite search engine. To find ALL DAU tools, go to the DAU website, click on the upper left “menu” and scroll down and click on tools. You will see widgets of Acquisition tools and resources. Scroll to the right and launch the Integrated Product Support Guidebook Suite. Alternatively, simply go to the DAU Tools Catalog, scroll through the “accordion” list of the most frequently used resources until you get to the green icon entitled “Integrated Product Support Guidebook Suite” Or perhaps easiest of all, simply bookmark the link at https://www.dau.mil/tools/p/integrated-Product-Support-Guidebook-Suite!