Browse by Subject
Browse by Category
Very recently, the threshold for for a written CID changed from > $1M to > Simplified Acquisition Threshold, DFARS 212.102(a)(iii).
In light of the trend toward empowering contracting officers and streamlining the contracting process, does anyone have insight to the CID requirement @ a much lower threshold?
General topics discussed at this week's session as well as any helpful links are provided below:
1) Show and Tell of DAU Communities of Practices, including CON COP where you can find recap of past CONnect sessions - Pages - Contracting Community Homepage (dau.edu)
2) Questions about different use and purpose of certain DD forms, specifically DD1149 vs. DD250 - see SUBPART 245.70 PLANT CLEARANCE FORMS (osd.mil) and DoD Forms Management (whs.mil) and 1.2.2 The DD1149 Form: Fact Or Fiction? (ymaws.com)
3) Question and discussion abot SEPA (Special Emergency Procurement Authority) and it's proper use and applications. Also simillarities nad differences to UCAs (Undefinitized Contract Actions) - FAR part 18, DFARS part 218; Declared Disasters | FEMA.gov
4) Weekly Protest of Power - Rice Solutions, LLC | U.S. GAO
1) CON certification webinar series (link for 5/5 session as well as recording for prior sessions) - DAU Event - CON Certification Courses and Exam Webinar Series-(Part 3) - DAU Event - CON Certification Courses and Exam Webinar Series-(Part 3)
2) General questions and discussions about CLINs, funding, re-aligning funds - DFARS 204.7106
3) Unliquidated obligations (ULOs) - see DoD FMR - Volume 3, Chapter 11 (defense.gov)
4) Weekly Protest of Power - NextGen Federal Systems, LLC | U.S. GAO
1) CON certification webinar series (link for next session as well as recording for prior sessions) - DAU Event - CON Certification Courses and Exam Webinar Series-(Part 3) - DAU Event - CON Certification Courses and Exam Webinar Series-(Part 3)
2) Certificates of Conformance (iaw 52.246-15)
3) Show and Tell of new DAU Innovations Pathway website - DoD Innovation Pathways (ctoinnovation.mil)
4) Robust discussion and Q&A about bilateral modification authorities. Also reshare of helpful DAU Contract Modifications Authority Decision Guide tool - Contract Modification Authority Decision Help Guide (dau.edu)
5) Weekly Protest of Power - https://www.gao.gov/products/b-420267.3%2Cb-420267.4#
6) Protests - GAO authority, agency actions, etc. Shared PIEE protest tracker website: https://wawf.eb.mil/
7) RFP vs. RFQ - what are the major differences?
This week we had a guest speaker, Mr Kenneth Carkhuff, DAU Learning Director for Small Business. Mr Carkhuff shared the following:
1) Recent memorandum for Secretary of Defense Austin regarding the importance and criticality of Small Business to the DoD industrial base and the need for DoD to refresh the DoD Small Business Strategy with support from the Military departments, defense agencies, and field activities.
2) Information about DAU's small business credential including the topics and information covered in each of the credential components. CSBP 001 Small Business Professional Credential (dau.edu)
3) Also, a reminder about the CON certification webinar series (link for next session) - DAU Event - CON Certification Courses and Exam Webinar Series-(Part 3)
4) CON certificatiion webinar series (link for session 1 & 2 recordings) - DAU Event - CON Certification Courses and Exam Webinar Series-(Part 1)...DAU Event - CON Certification Courses and Exam Webinar Series-(Part 2)
Alert me of new conversations
Tip: Sign in and then click 'Join this community' to become a member of this site.
DARPA Training on Other Transactions-June 8 - 9May 16, 2022The DARPA Contracts Management Office (CMO) will be providing compreh..
All Things Small Business Podcast visits with Mr. Chistoph MlinarchikMay 13, 2022Take a break and listen to the All Things Small Business podcast seri..
Get Ready for a New Credential: CCON 016 Data Analytics and VisualizationMay 13, 2022Does your organization deal with volumes of data? Would you find it h..
Required fields marked with *
Please note that you should expect to receive a response from our team, regarding your inquiry, within 2 business days.