This Online Training (OLT) is the foundational course for the Acquisition Cost Estimating Community. Students are introduced to policies and techniques used in DoD cost analysis. Topics include definition and planning of cost estimates, data collection and their sources, data normalization, risk and uncertainty, documentation requirements and budgeting considerations. The course also explores the four popular cost estimation techniques of analogy, parametric, engineering, and actual cost.
REQUIRED PREREQUISITESSee the "Notes" section of this course's concept card for recommended prerequisites.
Acquisition professionals with four years or less of acquisition experience in cost estimating and serving a program office, PEO, Service/Defense agency level, or supporting a program that reports to a Service Acquisition Executive (SAE).
OBJECTIVEDownload Course Objectives
- ACQ 1010 Fundamentals of Systems Acquisition Management
- BUS 1100 Business Essentials
- Any exams in this course must be passed with a minimum score of 80%.
- There is no time limit for completing this course.
- After completing the course, please be sure to complete the survey at the end.
- The CLPs assigned to this learning activity may be used to meet professional certification and/or licensure requirements (PDUs/CPE credits).