This virtual instructor led training (VILT) intermediate course picks up from the fundamentals courses with emphasis on the application of techniques, methodologies and analysis used in DoD cost estimating throughout the life cycle of a program. The course addresses a higher level of critical thinking used in cost estimating to support improved decision making and contribute to successful program outcomes. Computations in this course are done using spreadsheets and automated DoD cost estimating tools.
Prior to registering for this course, individuals attending this course must have acquisition cost analyst experience serving in a program office, PEO, Service/Defense agency level, or supporting a program that reports to a Service Acquisition Executive (SAE).
- ACQ 1010 Fundamentals of Systems Acquisition Management
- BCE 0010 Introduction to Cost Modeling
- BCE 1000 Fundamentals of Cost Estimating
- BCE 1700 Cost Assessment Data Enterprise (CADE) 101
- BCE 1710 Flex Files 101
- BUS 1100 Business Essentials
DoD professionals (with a minimum of 6 years of acquisition cost analyst experience prior to registration) with duties serving in one of the following areas:
<li>Program Office, PEO, Service/Defense Agency level; or
<li>Supporting a program that reports to a Service Acquisition Executive (SAE)
OBJECTIVEDownload Course Objectives
- Virtual classes are conducted via MS Teams.
- All times are in the local time zone of the DAU region assigned to teach the offering.
- Students are required to test connectivity with DAU IT prior to the class start date.
- DAU does not reimburse student phone/internet charges.
- The CLPs assigned to this learning activity may be used to meet professional certification and/or licensure requirements (PDUs/CPE credits).