This VILT course is being piloted for direct registration via DAU Virtual Campus (CSOD). Click on "Apply for this training" button in the upper right-hand corner to register for an offering.
The active learning experience designed in this Virtual Instructor-Led (VILT) training course gives a DoD acquisition professional a more in-depth understanding of the federal government marketplace from a defense industry perspective. Through discussion and case-based scenarios, attendees learn to apply analysis techniques employed by industry to fulfill their role as a program office’s chief business advisor. Graduates will be prepared to: evaluate the financial responsibility of defense suppliers; discuss a contractor’s indirect rate formulation and impact on a program budget; detect potential distortions in a contractor’s cost allocations; determine program risk of a supplier resulting from other defense programs’ budget decisions; and evaluate funding requirements considering the government’s rate cycle and contract types.
Click Here to learn more.
- ACQ 315V/315 Understanding Industry
Financial Management Defense Acquisition professionals with four or more years of relevant experience.
OBJECTIVEDownload Course Objectives
- DoD Only: This course is restricted to DoD government civilian and military students only.
- Virtual classes are conducted via MS Teams.
- All times are in the local time zone of the DAU region assigned to teach the offering.
- Students are required to test connectivity with DAU IT prior to the class start date.
- DAU does not reimburse student phone/internet charges.
- The CLPs assigned to this learning activity may be used to meet professional certification and/or licensure requirements (PDUs/CPE credits).