This Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) course addresses those skills and competencies most basic and fundamental to the Contracting Functional Area/Career Field. These include general principles, such as an overview of the acquisition process and how to research the regulations, as well as an introduction to fundamental soft skills and professional skills that will serve these acquisitions professional at almost any point in their career. The Contract Foundational Skills curriculum (CON 1100/V) is required to be taken prior to Pre-Award (CON 1200V), Award (CON 1300V), and Post-Award (CON 1400V).
Acquisition Workforce members coded into Contracting Functional Area that are required to attain the DoD Contracting Professional Certification.
OBJECTIVEDownload Course Objectives
NOTESSchedule: CON 1100V is comprised of 8 units of instruction. These units are delivered as virtual instructor-led training (VILT) sessions or self-paced learning coursework. Below is a notional schedule (schedule may vary based on your offering).
- Pre-course: Consists of 1.5 hours (0 hours VILT and 1.5 self-paced) broken out as follows:
- Unit 00 – Pre-course Work (1.5 hours self-paced)
- Week 1: Consists of 9.9 hours (3.8 hours VILT and 6.1 self-paced) broken out as follows:
- Unit 01 – Introduction to CON 1100V (3.8 hours VILT)
- Unit 02 – Contracting Life Cycle (3.8 hours self-paced)
- Unit 03 – Contract Principles (2.3 hours self-paced)
- Week 2: Consists of 24.9 hours (19.3 hours VILT and 5.6 self-paced) broken out as follows:
- *Unit 04, Day 1 – Understanding Regulations (3.3 hours VILT, 1.8 hours self-paced)
- *Unit 04, Day 2 – Understanding Regulations (5.3 hours VILT, 1.5 hours self-paced)
- *Unit 04, Day 3 – Understanding Regulations (5.5 hours VILT, 1.3 hours self-paced)
- *Unit 04, Day 4 – Understanding Regulations (3.5 hours VILT, 1.0 hours self-paced)
- *Unit 04, Day 5 – Understanding Regulations (1.7 hours VILT)
- *Unit 04 is 24.9 hours consisting mainly of VILT sessions. These sessions are spread over multiple days. Please refer to the 30-day welcome email from the instructor which will contain the specific course schedule. Supervisors must recognize that an employee's full-time attention is required throughout the duration of Unit 04 and any workload requirements should be placed on hold.
- Week 3: Consists of 3.8 hours (0 hours VILT and 3.8 self-paced) broken out as follows:
- Unit 05 – Parts of a Solicitation and Contract (1.5 hours self-paced)
- Unit 06 – Understanding Regulations (2.3 hours self-paced)
- Week 4: Consists of 5.8 hours (4.8 hours VILT and 1 hour self-paced) broken out as follows:
- Unit 07 – Situational Assessment & Wrap-up (4.8 hours VILT)
- Unit 08 – Final Exam (1 hour self-paced)
- Virtual classes are conducted via MS Teams.
- Students are required to test connectivity with DAU IT prior to the class start date.
- DAU does not reimburse student phone/internet charges.
- The CLPs assigned to this learning activity may be used to meet professional certification and/or licensure requirements (PDUs/CPE credits).