This combination of virtual instructor-led training (VILT) and asynchronous (self-paced) course focuses on understanding the common, foundational pre-award contracting competency model job tasks and principles. The course describes the overarching business relationship between government and industry. Students develop skills and initial acumen in defining, describing and shaping customer requirements, developing a contract strategy and acquisition plan, and executing the solicitation development and release process to successfully meet customer needs. The course introduces fundamental knowledge and practical application that can be applied immediately in the workplace across the broad spectrum of Department of Defense (DoD) contracting organizations.
Click Here for Course Overview
Click Here to Learn More
- CON 1100V, Contract Foundational Skills
Acquisition Workforce members coded Contracting that are required to attain DoD Contracting Certification.
OBJECTIVEDownload Course Objectives
NOTESSchedule: CON 1200V, Contract Pre-Award is comprised of 14 units of instruction. These units are delivered as virtual instructor-led training (VILT) sessions or self-paced learning coursework. All assignments must be completed in order to successfully complete the course. Below is a notional schedule (schedule may vary based on your offering).
- Week 1: Consists of 11 hours (2 hours VILT and 9.5 self-paced) broken out as follows:
- Unit 01 – CON 1200V Introduction and Overview (2+ hours VILT)
- Unit 02 – Defining, Describing, and Shaping Internal Customer Requirements (3 hours self-paced)
- Unit 03 – Understanding Market and Suppliers (3 hours self-paced)
- Unit 04 - Market Research (30 minutes self-paced)
- Unit 05 – Acquisition Planning (3 hours self-paced)
- Week 2: Consists of 18.5 hours (12 hours VILT and 6.5 self-paced) broken out as follows:
- Unit 06 – Executing a Sales Plan, Part 1: Business Development & Capture (2.5 hours self-paced)
- *Unit 07 – Developing an Effective Contract Strategy (12 hours over three consecutive days)
- Unit 08 – Small Business Act Contracting Requirements (3 hours self-paced)
- *Unit 7 estimated time does not include self-paced graded assessments.
- Week 3: Consists of 17.5 hours (8 hours VILT and 9.5 self-paced) broken out as follows:
- Unit 09 – Executing a Sales Plan, Part 2: Going for the Win (2.5 hours self-paced)
- *Unit 10 – Preparing the Solicitation: How to request an offer (8 hours over two consecutive days)
- Unit 11 – Informing Industry: Publicizing contract actions (3 hours self-paced)
- Unit 12 – The proposal: Prepare the offer (3 hours self-paced)
- *Unit 10 estimated time does not include self-paced graded assessments.
- Week 4: Consists of 10.5 hours (10.5 self-paced) broken out as follows:
- Unit 13 – Amending the solicitation (2 hours self-paced)
- Unit 14 – Capstone (8.5 hours self-paced)
- Virtual classes are conducted via MS Teams.
- Students are required to test connectivity with DAU IT prior to the class start date.
- DAU does not reimburse student phone/internet charges.
- The CLPs assigned to this learning activity may be used to meet professional certification and/or licensure requirements (PDUs/CPE credits).