This course is being piloted for direct registration via DAU Virtual Campus (CSOD). Click on "Apply for this training" button in the upper right-hand corner to register for an offering.
This virtual instructor led training (VILT) course focuses on unique construction contracting issues, such as acquisition planning, contract performance management, funding, environmental concerns, construction contract language, construction contracting in a commercial setting, the Construction Wage Rate Requirements Statute, design/build, basic schedule delay analysis, constructive changes, acceleration, and construction contract quality management.
Those assigned specific contract administration duties for construction contracts, e.g., professional engineers, quality assurance personnel, and legal counsel personnel. Whenever practical, professionals should attend this course prior to assuming duties related to construction contracting.
OBJECTIVEDownload Course Objectives
- This course is restricted to DoD government civilian and military students only.
- Pre-work must be completed no later than seven (7) days prior to the class start date.
- Virtual classes are conducted via MS Teams.
- All times are in the local time zone of the DAU region assigned to teach the offering.
- Students are required to test connectivity with DAU IT prior to the class start date.
- DAU does not reimburse student phone/internet charges.
- The CLPs assigned to this learning activity may be used to meet professional certification and/or licensure requirements (PDUs/CPE credits).