This closed book, comprehensive Contracting Certification Exam covers the competencies required for initial readiness for personnel assigned to the Contracting Functional Area. Successful completion of this exam is a requirement to achieve the new DoD Professional Certification in Contracting. Exam is graded on a pass/fail basis, with a minimum passing score of 70%.
Update to CON Exam Prep Courses effective 1 October 2023 - Click here for more information.
GCON 001 "A FAR Better View" game is an additional resource to help students gain familiarity with the FAR parts and their titles which will be tested within CON Certification Exam. The game can be accessed at: https://content1.dau.edu/GCON%20001%20A%20FAR%20better%20view_161/content/
- CON 3900V, Contracting Certification Exam Prep Course for any examinee who fails the Contracting Certification Exam on their first attempt.
DoD Acquisition Workforce members coded into the Contracting Functional Area who are required to attain the DoD Contracting Professional Certification
OBJECTIVEDemonstrate a foundational understanding of the Contracting Common Technical Competencies (and related job tasks) found in the DoD Contracting Competency Model, which is accessible at the following link: Contracting Competencies Recognize the policy and guidance in the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) as it relates to the competencies and job tasks in the DoD Contracting Competency Model Identify the titles of the following FAR Parts: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16, 19, 31, 33, 42, 44, 46, and 49
- CON 3900V or CON 3910, Contracting Certification Exam Prep Course prior to the first exam attempt to increase the chance of success.
- Please visit the Defense Pricing and Contracting (DPC) Workforce website for more information about the Contracting Certification Exam.
- The CON 3990V exam is delivered by a third-party Exam proctor service provider; Pearson VUE. Register for the exam just like a DAU course by clicking the "Apply for this Course" button above. Once approval is granted in your agency Training Authorization System (TAS), an “Authorization to Test” email will be sent to the candidate from Pearson VUE with instruction on how to schedule the exam. Candidates will have an option to choose to take the exam either virtually or at a Pearson VUE test center.
- It is anticipated all candidates will be able to take the CON 3990V Exam at a Pearson VUE test location within commuting distance from their home of record. In the event there is not a test site available within commuting distance, and if testing virtually is not a viable option, then the candidate must ensure travel authorization is approved prior to scheduling their exam.
- Individuals who fail the exam will have the opportunity (w/approval from their supervisor and their DACM/DATM) to re-take the exam no earlier than 30 days after the preceding attempt, with no more than 3 attempts in a 12-month period. After the first unsuccessful attempt, unless the individual has already completed CON 3900V, Contracting Certification Exam Prep Course, the DoD Components require that the individual take CON 3900V before attempting the exam again.
- The 3-hour exam duration encompasses all “seat time”, and includes the exam intro, tutorial, 150-question exam, breaks, and any pre-submission review.
- The CLPs assigned to this learning activity may be used to meet professional certification and/or licensure requirements (PDUs/CPE credits).