This is an Online Learning Training (OLT) course. Learners will explore the 24 Design Considerations at the foundational level.
Learners will understand why program teams need to consider and document all statutory and regulatory requirements, as well as other design considerations, in order to:
- Translate the end-user desired capabilities into a structured system of interrelated design specifications that support delivery of required operational capability.
- Enable trade-offs among the design considerations in support of achieving desired mission effectiveness within cost and schedule constraints.
- Incorporate design considerations into the set of system requirements, as some are mandated by laws, regulations or treaties, while others are mandated by the domain or DoD Component or Agency; these mandates should be incorporated during the Requirements Analysis process to achieve balance across all system requirements.
REQUIRED PREREQUISITESSee the "Notes" section of this course's concept card for recommended prerequisites.
Required for members of the Engineering and Technical Management (ETM) Functional Area seeking Foundational Certification. This course is also intended for anyone needing a basic course in the technical considerations that affect design decisions.
OBJECTIVEDownload Course Objectives
- ACQ 1010 Fundamentals of Systems Acquisition Management
- ETM 1040 Technical Management Fundamentals
- Any exams in this course must be passed with a minimum score of 80%.
- There is no time limit for completing this course.
- After completing the course, please be sure to complete the survey at the end.
- The CLPs assigned to this learning activity may be used to meet professional certification and/or licensure requirements (PDUs/CPE credits).