This course is being piloted for direct registration via DAU Virtual Campus (CSOD). Click on "Apply for this training" button in the upper right-hand corner to register for an offering.
This virtual instructor led training (VILT) course provides an educational setting to apply and analyze foundational knowledge gained in IND 105 and experiential on-the-job learning in order for the journeyman to identify factors that help determine the adequacy of a Contractor’s Property Management System. Emphasis is given to fundamental auditing concepts. Course lessons will include material that will allow students to:
- Determine how to select the sample size for a given population
- Determine how to evaluate the sample and generalize to the population;
- Analyze the essentials required for a Property Management System audit
- Prepare the worksheets (i.e. spreadsheets) and narratives involved with a Property Management System Audit
- Determine the requirements for the disposal of contract inventory
- Analyze a property management case study including background information, solutions, alternative solutions, and documentation.
Other course modules explore how and when the Government may take title to property under a contract; analyze the appropriate Government property and related clauses that need to be included in a contract; examine a liability court case involving Government property subject to contract risk-of-loss clausal provisions; analyze the regulatory requirements for possible contract conflicts; and examine the factors that will impact risk (high, moderate, low) within a Contractor’s Property Management System.
- IND 105 Contract Property Fundamentals
Industrial Property Management Specialists and Industrial Property Clearance Specialists or those individuals assigned duties relative to the administration of Government contract property that will involve Property Management System audit responsibilities including approval/disapproval of such contractor management systems.
OBJECTIVEDownload Course Objectives
- ACQ 0200 Item Unique Identification (IUD)
- CLM 037 Physical Inventories
- CON 0510 Managing Government Property in the Possession of Contractors
- PMT 0170 Risk Management
- Foreign National Students will need to contact their Country Program Manager (CPM) who will coordinate with the Security Assistance Training Field Activity (SATFA). For additional information, please send an email to [email protected].
- Virtual classes are conducted via MS Teams.
- All times are in the local time zone of the DAU region assigned to teach the offering.
- Students are required to test connectivity with DAU IT prior to the class start date.
- DAU does not reimburse student phone/internet charges.
- The CLPs assigned to this learning activity may be used to meet professional certification and/or licensure requirements (PDUs/CPE credits).