This Online Training (OLT) course covers Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) basic information and processes. Specific component research best practices and in-depth processes, including providing detailed information about how to adapt the concepts and processes to an individual DoD program are covered in greater detail. Students will have opportunity to review some DMSMS program scenarios, evaluate for the program’s requirements and level of proactivity and will be able to make DMSMS management decisions incorporating lessons learned through real world examples.
REQUIRED PREREQUISITESSee "Notes" section of this course's concept card for recommended prerequisites.
Those supporting aging weapons systems, especially those in the LCL, ETM & PM functional areas
OBJECTIVEDownload Course Objectives
- LOG 0640, Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS): what the PM Needs to Do and Why
- LOG 0660, Diminishing Manufacturing sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) Executive Overview
- Any exams in this course must be passed with a minimum score of 80%.
- There is no time limit for completing this course.
- After completing the course, please be sure to complete the survey at the end.
- The CLPs assigned to this learning activity may be used to meet professional certification and/or licensure requirements (PDUs/CPE credits).