This cross-disciplinary, Online Training (OLT) course teaches professionals about the interrelationship of configuration management to life cycle activities as well as configuration management concepts and basic practices such as configuration identification, configuration status accounting, configuration verification and audit, configuration change management, data management, and configuration planning and management. The course provides an overview of capabilities to design, develop, implement, oversee, and operate a configuration management program across the system life cycle. Professionals will gain knowledge of the application and impacts on configuration management by current and emerging issues such as total life cycle systems management, product data management, item unique identification, evolutionary acquisition, performance-based logistics, condition-based maintenance, and diminishing manufacturing sources and material shortages.
REQUIRED PREREQUISITESRequired: None
See "Notes" section of this course's concept card for recommended prerequisites.
Defense Acquisition Workforce members from all functional areas, including but not limited to life cycle logisticians, product support managers, systems engineers, program managers, and configuration managers involved in effectively and efficiently supporting and sustaining DoD weapon systems, as well as industry counterparts.
OBJECTIVEDownload Course Objectives
- ACQ 1010, Fundamentals of Systems Acquisition Management
- Any exams in this course must be passed with a minimum score of 80%.
- There is no time limit for completing this course.
- After completing the course, please be sure to complete the survey at the end.
- The CLPs assigned to this learning activity may be used to meet professional certification and/or licensure requirements (PDUs/CPE credits).