This Online Training (OLT) course provides students with a comprehensive understanding of system sustainment principles and activities including the roles, responsibilities and functions of life cycle logisticians supporting DoD weapon systems. This course focuses on key product support and sustainment activities, including concepts, policies, and practices of supply chain management in order to effectively and efficiently support fielded systems. It provides insights into key activities to meet DoD Instruction 5000.91 requirements to conduct comprehensive product support and sustainment planning for defense systems across the program’s life cycle.
REQUIRED PREREQUISITESSee the "Notes" section of this course's concept card for recommended prerequisite.
Life cycle logistics functional area personnel seeking DAWIA certification or assigned responsibility to plan, acquire, and field the logistics support infrastructure for DoD systems and equipment. It also includes Defense Acquisition Workforce members from all functional areas, including but not limited to life cycle logisticians, product support managers, and program managers, and their industry counterparts involved in effectively and efficiently supporting and sustaining DoD weapon systems.
OBJECTIVEDownload Course Objectives
- LOG 1050 Fundamentals of System Sustainment Management
- Any exams in this course must be passed with a minimum score of 80%.
- There is no time limit for completing this course.
- After completing the course, please be sure to complete the survey at the end.
- The CLPs assigned to this learning activity may be used to meet professional certification and/or licensure requirements (PDUs/CPE credits).