Designed for Test and Evaluation (T&E) professionals, this Online Training (OLT) course introduces Systems Engineering (SE) and examines the various SE Technical and Technical Management Processes with an emphasis on those processes that might enable success when planning and conducting the broad range of activities associated with DoD T&E activities. Composed of three modules, the first module introduces basic SE concepts, laying the groundwork for understanding how testers apply the various Technical and Technical Management Processes. The second module focuses on the SE Technical Processes, describing the purpose of each process along with their associated activities. The third module focuses on the SE Technical Management Processes, describing the purpose of each process along with their associated activities. Assessments occur at the end of each module in the form of an exam consisting of multiple choice and true/false questions.
REQUIRED PREREQUISITESRequired: None
See the "Notes" section of this course's concept card for recommended prerequisites.
Test and Evaluation (T&E) professionals seeking certification at the DAWIA T&E Foundational Skills level. Other acquisition professionals seeking a basic understanding of SE and how the SE processes support T&E functions.
OBJECTIVEDownload Course Objectives
- ACQ 1010, Fundamentals of Systems Acquisition Management
- Students should be familiar with the basic concepts described in ACQ 1010, the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) and how JCIDS helps define capability requirements within DOD systems acquisition process including Adaptive Acquisition Framework models; and with the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution process.
- Any exams in this course must be passed with a minimum score of 80%.
- There is no time limit for completing this course.
- After completing the course, please be sure to complete the survey at the end.
- The CLPs assigned to this learning activity may be used to meet professional certification and/or licensure requirements (PDUs/CPE credits).